Installing electric underfloor heating
Laying our T2Quicknet underfloor heating mats is very simple and when laid correctly will provide you with years of comfort. For the perfect result, please follow these steps when installing under tiled floors:
Step 1 - Mat installation
After ensuring your subfloor is free from any debris, roll out your heating mats on the clean floor and apply a layer of adhesive primer over the underfloor heating mats.
Step 2 - Apply tile adhesive
Apply the tile adhesive directly onto the underfloor heating mats (in wet areas you should also apply a filler and watertight coating before the tile adhesive).
Step 3 - Lay the tiles
After spreading the tile adhesive, ensure you let it set according to the adhesive's instructions. Once the adhesive has set, you can lay your flooring tiles over the adhesive.
Step 4 - Finishing the floor
Once the tiles have been laid, seal the tiles with silicone. Make sure you allow the floor to cure completely before turning your underfloor heating system on for the first time.
Do's and Dont's
- DO - lay the mat directly in the filler or adhesive
- DO - cut the mesh to lay in awkward shapes (don't cut the cable)
- DO - let the flooring cure completely before turning on the system for the first time
- DON'T - cut the cable
- DON'T - lay the cable on any other section of the cable
- DON'T - attempt the electrical work yourself unless experienced